Server Maintenance includes
- checking server log files
- assessing hard disk space
- examining folder permissions
- monitoring network temperature applications
- ensuring adequate redundancy of systems
- examining security features
- installing security software patches
- reading server logs for security alerts or evidence of computer hacking attempts
- updating antivirus software on all computers on the network
- updating critical service packs and software updates
- performing regular comprehensive back-ups to ensure that vital data can be retrieved from storage in the event of a system failure
System maintenance is an umbrella term that encompasses various forms of computer maintenance needed to keep a system running. The two main components of system maintenance are preventive and corrective maintenance. Preventive maintenance involves taking measures to help keep the system functioning, whereas corrective maintenance involves the replacement or repair of a system or its components after they have already failed.
Preventive maintenance is defined as the proactive maintenance of equipment before a fault or failure occurs. Preventive maintenance involves routine tasks to ensure that your system is running optimally and to avoid problems before they arise.
Corrective maintenance, commonly referred to as ‘repair,’ is the correction of a problem after the computer has already broken down. The goal of this form of maintenance is to restore operability to the system by either correcting the problem or replacing the damaged components. Common corrective measures involve removing viruses and malware, uninstalling harmful programs, reformatting, and running a system restore, among others. Many common computer problems are easily fixed and don’t require an IT professional. Contact Palies IT Services for best Server and Computer Maintenance in Coimbatore.